Thursday, March 3, 2011

Quit It!!

Not much gets to me that bad. Really, I swear. Except when I'm pregnant, maybe. Thankfully I'm married to man that is very, very laid back and brings me down to earth when I get super annoyed. But, I still have my pet peeves...you know - like people snapping their gum, bad drivers, people who litter, pessimism...

But, if there's a pet peeve of mine that drives me nuttso it's the gym. Yes, the gym. Pretty much the whole place. From the smell to the dirty carpet. As a couple, we pay $34 a month...I'm seriously not expecting that much.

You know I'm not a mean person, right, but this crap gets to me. I kinda think about my time at the gym as a little getaway - no phone, no kids, no work, etc. It's definitely a miracle I make it there 3 or 4 times a week with this top 10 list of things that put me close to the edge when I'm on the treadmill:

10. The chatty Kathy's...I get it that it's fun to work out with a buddy, but quit talking so dang loud the ENTIRE time you work out together.

9. The smell...ewww, totally ewwwwwwwww.

8. Those that probably think "I'm important and yes, I absolutely need to take this phone call on my Bluetooth while I'm out of breath on the eliptical."

7. Squeakers...that's what I like to call those that drag their feet while running or walking on the treadmill...pick up your feet people!

6. The rats...total gym rats that need to get a life. Wow...this is sounding mean :)

5. The smell...yeah, I hate it that much.

4. Fashion police...the gals that clearly spend WAY too much time getting ready to come to the gym! Perfect example - yesterday a girl wearing a zebra print push up bra, low, low cut tank, hat, tight black pants, lots of makeup...yep the whole deal. That's too much work on top of the workout if you ask me!

3. Germies. I hate germs and if you've just spent 45 minutes dripping salty sweat from your pores, please be considerate and clean the stupid machine!

2. What's that smell?? Ewwww again. Those that think they can get away with letting 'er rip and not taking the blame. Nothing is nastier than having to take deep breaths of that crap as my heart is pounding. Yuck!

1. The grunters. I know what it sounds like to give birth drug free. It's crazy...there are way too many men in the gym trying to imitate labor sounds as they morph into the beefcakes they desire to be.

Ahhhh, that feels better. Off to the gym I go!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'm so with you on all of this. A lot of this is why we bought an elliptical and now workout at home. We just need some more weights and we're set!

    And the "rats" are the best! There was one guy who I would always see there. Didn't matter what time of day...he's always there. I sometimes want to tell him to go get a life...but that would be mean! :o)

    ReplyDelete