Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Let's Talk New Years Resolutions!




It’s mid-February and I have a feeling that most people’s New Years Resolutions have been put the way-side.

Am I right?

Come on, be honest!

I’ll admit that I’m not 100% on track either, or have ever been 100% on track.  My New Year just so happened to started out with having a horrible case of the stomach/intestinal flu.  Seriously, I got it on New Years Eve and it lasted till the first week of 2011.  By the time I got better classes had started and my motivation to start new goals had been thrown out the window. 

Some of my goals were to lose the 10 pounds I gained over the fall/winter, volunteer more and to not get so stressed out (basically work on controlling my stress in a more positive way). 

Well with the flu I lost 5 pounds but managed to gain those back within a week. 

Wonderful right!?

I don’t seem to have any time to volunteer since school gets in the way all the time! 

Stupid school!

And my stress level has been heightened since I recently quit my job to go to school part-time and take on a nurse’s aid position at a local hospital working twelve’s!

Even though the first month and a half of 2011 has kicked my butt I’ve decided to kick it back.  I mean there are so many changes going on in my life right now that eventually they all have to work themselves out and adding a couple more things to the mix won’t hurt right?

So for the 10 pounds I want to lose I’ve decided to join Weight Watchers.  So far I’ve lost 5 pounds and have learned a lot about eating right.  But WW has its challenges like tracking, trying to find healthy snacks that fill you up, etc.  In time I will be sharing some of the recipes I’ve tried, some are phenomenal!  You would never guess they were WW.

Oh, and we bought an elliptical.  That should help out too right?!?  Just need to get my butt on the thing!

Now the volunteering thing is going to have to be put aside until I can see if I can work it into my schedule. 


And for my stress level I’ve turned to yoga!  I can’t say enough great things about yoga.  It relaxes me and it’s a great workout.  My arms are starting to look great! 

So how have your New Years Resolutions gone?  Are you still on track?  What keeps you motivated?  I’d love to know!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment