Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Nesting Instinct

The Nesting Instinct:
Around the fifth month of pregnancy, the "nesting" instinct can set in.
This is an uncontrollable urge to clean one's house brought on by a desire to prepare a nest for the new baby, to tie up loose ends of old projects and to organize your world.
So I understand that every pregnant woman goes through some form of "nesting" before the baby arrives. I thought my time was starting in early January when I made goals to organize every room in the house.

Some where between the working full time and running a small business out of the house, the place fell apart! It looked like we just moved in again! Boxes, trash, clothes, and random mail was everywhere. This put me into a constant stage of stress and panic. I worked so hard in the beginning of January to get things in order. I had the energy, time, and somewhat smaller belly to work with. I just couldn't believe it was all destroyed and there was no way this baby could come into a house like this! My Mom and Jon, said that they would help me and somehow I would be organized.

Well, the “nesting” officially set in this past weekend!
All day Sunday and Monday, and about an hour or two each night I have been cleaning and organizing a room in the house.
Sometimes, our house seems so BIG and overwhelming and it just sucks me in, and I have no idea where to begin. I still didn't think it would get done, but by some act of God (or just plain luck) this past weekend, between my mom, Jon, and I we finished the baby’s room, organized & cleaned the loft, formal living room, living room, and I steam vacuumed the carpets!

Now, I still have the kitchen, dinning room, guest room, laundry room, master bedroom, 2 bathrooms, the 1/2 bath, and the basement to clean & organize, but I honestly feel like I will be able to finish them within the next few weeks!! Then its, installing a fence for the dogs and a new back door!!
So much to do in the next 20 weeks!!

You can see the nursery progress... HERE!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oh it just gets worse! And forget about AFTER the baby gets here. The house just goes to shit completely. But for good reason :)

    ReplyDelete